The NATO Communications and Information (NCI) Agency was established on 1 July 2012 as a result of the merger of the NATO Consultation, Command and Control Agency (NC3A), the NATO ACCS Management Agency (NACMA), the NATO Communication and Information Systems Services Agency (NCSA), the ALTBMD Programme Office and elements of NATO HQ ICTM.
The Agency has a 24/7 mission to:
- Connect the Alliance.
- Defend its networks.
- Provide rapid support to NATO operations and missions.
- Deliver critical capabilities, including: the command and control technology for NATO's ballistic missile defence, the Air Command and Control System (ACCS), support to NATO's Joint ISR Initiative and Federated Mission Networking (FMN).
- Through bilateral and multinational projects assist NATO and Partner Nations in developing interoperable and cost-effective capabilities in the area of C4ISR.
- Support Nations in cost-effective certification of their NATO Response Force elements by re-using solutions tried and tested in Afghanistan.
80% of our work is done through contracts with national Industries.
Supporting NATO operations is our top priority.
The Agency is led by Major General (ret.) Koen Gijsbers and is part of the NATO Communications and Information Organization.
To strengthen the Alliance through connecting its forces, NCI Agency delivers secure, coherent, cost effective and interoperable communications and information systems and services in support of consultation, command & control and enabling intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities, for NATO, where and when required. It includes IT support to the Alliances' business processes (to include provision of IT shared services) to the NATO HQ, the Command Structure and NATO Agencies.
Team NCI Agency:
- Optimises NATO mission success and is recognised as the trusted enabler of information superiority and enterprise excellence.
- Uses best practice to develop, deliver, connect and protect capabilities in partnership with other NATO entities, nations and industry.
- Earns customers' confidence through agility, innovation and by delivering coherent and cost- effective solutions.