Cyber incubator pilot: Mobile Security, Big Data, and Cyber Situational Awareness
The meeting, held in the framework of NATO's Industry Cyber Partnership, was facilitated by the NCI Agency's Cyber Security Capability Design team, this group leads the development of new capabilities and innovation in cyber security for NATO. The team is a part or the Agency's Cyber Security Service Line, which incorporates the NATO Computer Incident Response Capability (NCIRC) Technical Centre, providing specialist services to prevent, detect, respond to and recover from cyber security incidents. Mr Frederic Jordan - Head, Cyber Security Capability Development, introduced the Cyber Incubator Action Plan which by June 2015 aims to:
- Stimulate discussion and seek support from Industry, including small and medium enterprises, as well as academia in the focus areas: Mobile Security, Big Data, and Situational Awareness;
- Prepare recommendations for follow up activities.
Call for papers
Considering the timelines for the creative and innovative collaboration approaches, the NCI Agency made the following amendments to the original deadlines:
- Initial (informal) innovation ideas related to the focus areas to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, Feb. 26, 2015 18:00 CET
- The amount of time available for individual presentations will be communicated to submitters on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015.
- All submitters are invited to present their ideas at the focus area workshops held at the HSD campus on Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2015.
- Two page final proposal (strict limit!) to be submitted to email@example.com by Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2015 18:00 CET.
The follow-up sessions will provide an opportunity for the interested parties to join a collaborative innovation model; to join a competitive innovation model; or to join a supportive innovation model.
For more information, visit the NATO Collaborative Cyber Security Community portal. This portal is hosted on the DNBL Communities of Interest Service Exchange provided by NATO's Allied Command Transformation and the NCI Agency.
The NCI Agency develops, delivers and operates IT and Communication and Information System capabilities for NATO, including those which provide NATO's Cyber Security. The NCI Agency recently became a network partner of The Hague Security Delta (HSD).